Services - Translation
DEMA SOLUTIONS helps you make your business and your products international. Our translations will allow you to cross your national borders and step into foreign markets.
Professional mother tongue translators with proven long-standing experience will translate your materials.Professional mother tongue translators with proven long-standing experience will translate your materials. We have no limits in terms of language combinations and specialist sectors: we will assign your text to the best suited resource each time.
The result is accurate, high-quality translations.
TM PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unlike many translation agencies, Dema Solutions recognises, under contract, the intellectual property rights of the translation memory as belonging to the client, ensuring it is maintained over time and exported upon request.
- Higher quality: translators consult the translations already in the memory, guaranteeing consistent style and terminology.
- Quicker delivery times: translators only need to translate partially/completely new content. Productivity is higher as they work more quickly.
- Lower costs: translations retrieved from translation memories have a lower cost, meaning instant savings.
WHAT THEY ARE
A TM (Translation Memory) is an archive that saves, stores, and retrieves translated content. The content can then be reused without having to translate it again.
HOW THEY WORK
The file that the client sends to the translation agency is imported into CAT software that:
- divides the text into segments (usually from capitalisation to full stop).
- compares the segments to be translated with those already translated previously and archived in the translation memory.
- while the text is being translated, offers the translator similar and/or identical segments found in the memory.
- provides a detailed report indicating the number of segments and words contained in the file to be translated and how closely (in percentage) they match the segments archived in the memory.
- once the translation is complete, each translated segment is saved and archived, ready to be used for future translations.
- This way, when translators find themselves translating the same or a similar sentence, the CAT will show that the translation already exists and to what extent.
- Finally, the file is exported in its original format.
The report the CAT software generates is laid out in categories matching what has already been translated and archived in the memory.
CAT categories are generally divided into:
- Context match: identical segment. 101% match compared to the source segment found in the memory. The previous and following segments are also identical. The translator does not need to do anything at all.
- Full match: exact segment. 100% match. A segment that may also be repeated in the file to be translated. The translator must revise it to make sure the context is correct.
- Fuzzy match: similar segment. Between 75% and 99% match. The translator must check the segment and adapt it to the new one to be translated.
- No match: new segment. No match within the translation memory or partial match between 50% and 74%. Must be translated from scratch.
Example of CAT analysis: